- Nationwide – Can begin applying in October
- St Vrain District Scholarships – open in mid-December
- LHS Scholarships – open in early February due April 15th
- Longmont Community Foundation Scholarships (deadlines vary)
Scholarship Search Engines:
College Opportunity Fund https://highered.colorado.gov/Finance/COF/
Fast Web Scholarship Search https://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships
BigFuture Scholarship Search from College Board https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
Going Merry Scholarship Search https://www.goingmerry.com/
TheDream.US scholarships are for highly motivated DREAMers who want nothing more than to get a college education but are unable to afford the cost. They have no access to federal aid, limited access to state aid, and they sometimes face paying out-of-state tuition.
More information on individual scholarships:
1) Daniel’s Fund:
The application period for the Daniels Scholarship Program will open on October 1, 2019. The deadline is November 15, 2019.
New and important information about the Daniels Scholarship Program:
- Our financial eligibility guidelines have been greatly simplified to a model based on Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). In order to be financially eligible, the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an AGI of $85,000 or less on the 2018 tax return on which the applicant appears. For dependents beyond the applicant, we allow an additional $5,000 for each claimed dependent and $15,000 for each additional claimed dependent in college. Please visit DanielsFund.org for specific AGI examples.
- At the time of application, students must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 unweighted scale and upload an official transcript showing that with their application.
- Students must earn a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score is not required) or a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490. All test scores must come from a single test, and must be uploaded by the application deadline.
- To help you inform students about the Daniels Scholarship Program, the updated language below can be used in your school newsletter, announcements, or other communications to students and parents:
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars are honest, respectful, self-reliant, and compassionate. They are proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot. It is a “last dollar” scholarship that pays toward tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and miscellaneous educational expenses. Scholars may attend any nonprofit accredited school in the United States. For more information, visit https://www.danielsfund.org/scholarships/daniels-scholarship-program/overview
2) Boettcher Foundation Scholarship
Colorado high school seniors who meet our application requirements are now invited to apply directly through our website https://boettcherfoundation.org/ due November 1st