Home » News » World Affairs Seminar 2020 on Hunger In a World Of Plenty
World Affairs Seminar 2020 on Hunger In a World Of Plenty
February 7, 2020, 1:49pm
SVVSD high school students are invited to apply for a unique educational leadership experience. The Longmont St. Vrain Rotary Club club would like to sponsor a student interested in attending the World Affairs Seminar 2020 on Hunger In a World Of Plenty . The 2020 World Affairs Seminar is Saturday, June 20 – Friday, June 26th at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin. This seminar is for students who fit the following criteria:
- Students must be between the ages of 16-18.
- Must have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school.
- Are in good academic standing.
- Have an interest in global issues and building a strong portfolio for college and future careers.
- Can be endorsed by a school official as a student in good academic standing, with integrity, maturity and a sincere desire to participate in the unique educational opportunity.
Students who are interested should complete the application and write a short essay expressing their interest and how they feel they could benefit from attending the 2020 World Affairs Seminar. We would also request that the student(s) awarded a scholarship give a presentation detailing their experience to our rotary group upon their return. All applications and essays should be returned to the Longmont St. Vrain Rotary Club by March 31, 2020 to allow time to process and select a candidate. (Airfare to and from Wisconsin, lodging and meals are included with this Rotary sponsorship. Please see attachment for more detailed information.) This amazing opportunity has been described by many past participants as a "life changing experience" so we would like to reach as many deserving students as possible.
Please view all seminar details and the application in the link below: